1. [syn: crabbiness, crabbedness, crossness]
The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:
Crabbed \Crab"bed\ (kr?b"b?d), a. [See Crab,n.]
1. Characterized by or manifesting, sourness, peevishness, or
moroseness; harsh; cross; cynical; -- applied to feelings,
disposition, or manners.
Crabbed age and youth can not live together. --Shak.
2. Characterized by harshness or roughness; unpleasant; --
applied to things; as, a crabbed taste.
3. Obscure; difficult; perplexing; trying; as, a crabbed
author. "Crabbed eloquence." --Chaucer.
How charming is divine philosophy!
Not harsh and crabbed, as dull fools suppose.
4. Cramped; irregular; as, crabbed handwriting. --
Crab"bed*ly, adv. -- Crab"bed*ness, n.
WordNet (r) 3.0 (2006):
n 1: a disposition to be ill-tempered [syn: crabbiness,