Search Result for "convulsive":
1. affected by involuntary jerky muscular contractions; resembling a spasm;
- Example: "convulsive motions"
- Example: "his body made a spasmodic jerk"
- Example: "spastic movements"
[syn: convulsive, spasmodic, spastic]
2. resembling a convulsion in being sudden and violent;
- Example: "a convulsive rage"
- Example: "convulsive laughter"
The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:
Convulsive \Con*vul"sive\, a. [Cf. F. convulsif.] Producing, or attended with, convulsions or spasms; characterized by convulsions; convulsionary. [1913 Webster] An irregular, convulsive movement may be necessary to throw off an irregular, convulsive disease. --Burke. [1913 Webster]