Search Result for "come_out":
1. appear or become visible; make a showing;
- Example: "She turned up at the funeral"
- Example: "I hope the list key is going to surface again"
[syn: come on, come out, turn up, surface, show up]
2. be issued or published;
- Example: "Did your latest book appear yet?"
- Example: "The new Woody Allen film hasn't come out yet"
[syn: appear, come out]
3. come out of;
- Example: "Water issued from the hole in the wall"
- Example: "The words seemed to come out by themselves"
[syn: issue, emerge, come out, come forth, go forth, egress]
4. result or end;
- Example: "How will the game turn out?"
[syn: turn out, come out]
5. come off;
- Example: "His hair and teeth fell out"
[syn: come out, fall out]
6. take a place in a competition; often followed by an ordinal;
- Example: "Jerry came in third in the Marathon"
[syn: place, come in, come out]
7. make oneself visible; take action;
- Example: "Young people should step to the fore and help their peers"
[syn: come to the fore, step forward, come forward, step up, step to the fore, come out]
8. bulge outward;
- Example: "His eyes popped"
[syn: start, protrude, pop, pop out, bulge, bulge out, bug out, come out]
9. to state openly and publicly one's homosexuality;
- Example: "This actor outed last year"
[syn: come out of the closet, out, come out]
10. be made known; be disclosed or revealed;
- Example: "The truth will out"
[syn: out, come out]
11. break out;
- Example: "The tooth erupted and had to be extracted"
[syn: erupt, come out, break through, push through]
Moby Thesaurus II by Grady Ward, 1.0:
159 Moby Thesaurus words for "come out": act, act as foil, appear, appear in print, arise, attend, bail out, barnstorm, be born, be found, be revealed, be so, be such, become, become known, become manifest, become of, become public, become visible, betray itself, break, break cover, break forth, break out, break through, burst forth, buzz about, circulate, come, come about, come along, come forth, come forward, come in sight, come of, come on, come through, come to be, come to hand, come to light, contrive, crop out, crop up, debouch, debut, develop, discover itself, disembogue, effuse, emanate, embark in, embark on, embark upon, emerge, emote, emotionalize, end, ensue, enter, enter on, enter upon, erupt, eventuate, exit, extrude, fade in, fall out, fare, find vent, fly about, follow, get about, get abroad, get afloat, get along, get around, get by, get exposure, get on, get out, get to be, get top billing, go about, go along, go forth, go into, go on, go the rounds, go to press, hang out, have currency, have origin, heave in sight, irrupt, issue, issue forth, jump out, leak, leak out, look forth, loom, make out, manage, manifest itself, materialize, mime, ooze out, originate, out, outcrop, pan out, pantomime, patter, peep out, perform, play, play the lead, playact, protrude, prove, prove to be, rear its head, register, result, rise, run out, sally, sally forth, see the light, shape up, show, show its colors, show its face, show up, sketch, spread, spread about, spread like wildfire, spring up, stack up, stand revealed, star, steal the show, stooge, stream forth, strike the eye, surface, take birth, take rise, take up, terminate, transpire, tread the boards, troupe, turn out, turn up, unfold, upstage, work out