Search Result for "cautiously":
1. as if with kid gloves; with caution or prudence or tact;
- Example: "she ventured cautiously downstairs"
- Example: "they handled the incident with kid gloves"
[syn: cautiously, carefully]
2. in a conservative manner;
- Example: "we estimated the number of demonstrators conservatively at 200,000."
[syn: conservatively, cautiously, guardedly]
The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:
Cautiously \Cau"tious*ly\, adv. In a cautious manner. [1913 Webster]