Search Result for "calm_down":
1. become quiet or calm, especially after a state of agitation;
- Example: "After the fight both men need to cool off."
- Example: "It took a while after the baby was born for things to settle down again."
[syn: calm, calm down, cool off, chill out, simmer down, settle down, cool it]
2. make calm or still;
- Example: "quiet the dragons of worry and fear"
[syn: calm, calm down, quiet, tranquilize, tranquillize, tranquillise, quieten, lull, still]
3. become quiet or less intensive;
- Example: "the fighting lulled for a moment"
[syn: lull, calm down]