1. [syn: circular, handbill, bill, broadside, broadsheet, flier, flyer, throwaway]
The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:
Broadside \Broad"side`\, n.
1. (Naut.) The side of a ship above the water line, from the
bow to the quarter.
2. A discharge of or from all the guns on one side of a ship,
at the same time.
3. A volley of abuse or denunciation. [Colloq.]
4. (Print.) A sheet of paper containing one large page, or
printed on one side only; -- called also broadsheet.
WordNet (r) 3.0 (2006):
n 1: an advertisement (usually printed on a page or in a
leaflet) intended for wide distribution; "he mailed the
circular to all subscribers" [syn: circular, handbill,
bill, broadside, broadsheet, flier, flyer,