Search Result for "boggy":
1. (of soil) soft and watery;
- Example: "the ground was boggy under foot"
- Example: "a marshy coastline"
- Example: "miry roads"
- Example: "wet mucky lowland"
- Example: "muddy barnyard"
- Example: "quaggy terrain"
- Example: "the sloughy edge of the pond"
- Example: "swampy bayous"
[syn: boggy, marshy, miry, mucky, muddy, quaggy, sloppy, sloughy, soggy, squashy, swampy, waterlogged]
The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:
Boggy \Bog"gy\, a. Consisting of, or containing, a bog or bogs; of the nature of a bog; swampy; as, boggy land. [1913 Webster]Moby Thesaurus II by Grady Ward, 1.0:
33 Moby Thesaurus words for "boggy": boggish, damp, dampish, dank, dewy, fenny, humid, marish, marshy, mirish, miry, moist, moorish, moory, muddy, muggy, paludal, paludous, poachy, quaggy, quagmiry, rainy, roric, roriferous, spouty, sticky, swampish, swampy, tacky, uliginous, undried, wet, wettish