Search Result for "bemused":
1. deeply absorbed in thought;
- Example: "as distant and bemused as a professor listening to the prattling of his freshman class"
- Example: "lost in thought"
- Example: "a preoccupied frown"
[syn: bemused, deep in thought(p), lost(p), preoccupied]
2. perplexed by many conflicting situations or statements; filled with bewilderment;
- Example: "obviously bemused by his questions"
- Example: "bewildered and confused"
- Example: "a cloudy and confounded philosopher"
- Example: "just a mixed-up kid"
- Example: "she felt lost on the first day of school"
[syn: baffled, befuddled, bemused, bewildered, confounded, confused, lost, mazed, mixed-up, at sea]
Moby Thesaurus II by Grady Ward, 1.0:
75 Moby Thesaurus words for "bemused": absent, absentminded, absorbed, abstracted, addled, beery, besotted, blind drunk, castle-building, crapulent, crapulous, daydreaming, daydreamy, distrait, dizzy, dreaming, dreamy, drenched, drowsing, drunk, drunken, ecstatic, elsewhere, engrossed, far-gone, faraway, flustered, fou, full, gay, giddy, glorious, half-awake, happy, in a reverie, in liquor, in the clouds, inebriate, inebriated, inebrious, intoxicated, jolly, lost, lost in thought, maudlin, meditative, mellow, merry, mooning, moonraking, muddled, museful, musing, napping, nappy, nodding, oblivious, pensive, pipe-dreaming, preoccupied, rapt, reeling, shikker, sodden, somewhere else, sotted, stargazing, taken up, tiddly, tipsy, transported, unconscious, under the influence, woolgathering, wrapped in thought