Search Result for "atypical":
1. not representative of a group, class, or type;
- Example: "a group that is atypical of the target audience"
- Example: "a class of atypical mosses"
- Example: "atypical behavior is not the accepted type of response that we expect from children"
[syn: atypical, untypical]
2. deviating from normal expectations; somewhat odd, strange, or abnormal;
- Example: "these days large families are atypical"
- Example: "atypical clinical findings"
- Example: "atypical pneumonia"
- Example: "highly irregular behavior"
[syn: atypical, irregular]
The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:
Atypic \A*typ"ic\, Atypical \A*typ"ic*al\, a. [Pref. a- not + typic, typical.] That has no type; devoid of typical character; irregular; unlike the type. [1913 Webster]