Search Result for "apologise":
1. defend, explain, clear away, or make excuses for by reasoning;
- Example: "rationalize the child's seemingly crazy behavior"
- Example: "he rationalized his lack of success"
[syn: apologize, apologise, excuse, justify, rationalize, rationalise]
2. acknowledge faults or shortcomings or failing;
- Example: "I apologized for being late"
- Example: "He apologized for the many typoes"
[syn: apologize, apologise]
The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:
apologise \apologise\ v. 1. same as apologize. Syn: apologize, excuse, justify, rationalize [WordNet 1.5]