1. nonstandard usage;
1. without doubt (used to reinforce an assertion);
- Example: "it's expensive all right"
[syn: all right, alright]
2. an expression of agreement normally occurring at the beginning of a sentence;
[syn: very well, fine, alright, all right, OK]
3. in a satisfactory or adequate manner;
- Example: "she'll do okay on her own"
- Example: "held up all right under pressure" (`alright' is a nonstandard variant of `all right');
[syn: okay, O.K., all right, alright]
Moby Thesaurus II by Grady Ward, 1.0:
98 Moby Thesaurus words for "alright": OK, Roger, absolute, absolutely, acceptable, accurate, adequate, admissible, agreeable, all right, alrighty, amen, as you say, assuredly, aye, better than nothing, by all means, certainly, correct, da, dead right, decent, doing nicely, exactly, fair, fairish, faultless, fine, flawless, good, good enough, goodish, hear, indeed, indeedy, ja, just, just right, just so, letter-perfect, mais oui, meticulous, moderate, most assuredly, naturally, naturellement, not amiss, not bad, not half bad, not so bad, of course, okay, oui, passable, perfect, positively, precisely, presentable, pretty good, proper, quite, rather, really, respectable, right, righto, satisfactory, straight, straight-up-and-down, sufficient, sure, sure thing, surely, tenable, tidy, to be sure, tolerable, truly, unailing, unexceptionable, unobjectionable, unsick, unsickly, up and about, very well, viable, well, well and good, why yes, workmanlike, yea, yeah, yep, yes, yes indeed, yes indeedy, yes sir, yes sirree