1. without awareness; - Example: "she jumped up unconsciously when he entered the room"
The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:
unconscious \un*con"scious\ ([u^]n*k[o^]n"sh[u^]s), a.
1. Not conscious; having no consciousness or power of mental
perception; without cerebral appreciation; hence, not
knowing or regarding; ignorant; as, an unconscious man.
2. Not known or apprehended by consciousness; resulting from
neural activity of which a person is not aware; as, an
unconscious movement; unconscious cerebration.
"Unconscious causes." --Blackmore.
3. Having no knowledge by experience; -- followed by of; as,
a mule unconscious of the yoke. --Pope.
4. Unintentional; as, an unconscious insult.
[PJC] -- Un*con"scious*ly, adv. -- Un*con"scious*ness,
WordNet (r) 3.0 (2006):
adv 1: without awareness; "she jumped up unconsciously when he
entered the room" [ant: consciously]