Search Result for "smartness":
1. a kind of pain such as that caused by a wound or a burn or a sore;
[syn: smart, smarting, smartness]
2. intelligence as manifested in being quick and witty;
[syn: brightness, cleverness, smartness]
3. elegance by virtue of being fashionable;
[syn: chic, chicness, chichi, modishness, smartness, stylishness, swank, last word]
4. liveliness and eagerness;
- Example: "he accepted with alacrity"
- Example: "the smartness of the pace soon exhausted him"
[syn: alacrity, briskness, smartness]
The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:
Smartness \Smart"ness\, n. The quality or state of being smart. [1913 Webster]