Search Result for "razz":
1. a cry or noise made to express displeasure or contempt;
[syn: boo, hoot, Bronx cheer, hiss, raspberry, razzing, razz, snort, bird]
1. harass with persistent criticism or carping;
- Example: "The children teased the new teacher"
- Example: "Don't ride me so hard over my failure"
- Example: "His fellow workers razzed him when he wore a jacket and tie"
[syn: tease, razz, rag, cod, tantalize, tantalise, bait, taunt, twit, rally, ride]
Moby Thesaurus II by Grady Ward, 1.0:
54 Moby Thesaurus words for "razz": Bronx cheer, banter, bird, boo, booing, catcall, chaff, deride, fool, grin at, haze, hiss, hissing, hold in derision, hoot, jape, jest, jive, joke, jolly, josh, kid, laugh at, laugh to scorn, lout, make fun of, make game of, make merry with, mock, needle, pan, pillory, point at, poke fun at, pooh, pooh-pooh, put on, put one on, quiz, rag, rally, raspberry, rib, ride, ridicule, roast, scout, smile at, snicker at, snigger at, taunt, tease, the bird, twit