1. in a narrow manner; not allowing for exceptions; - Example: "he interprets the law narrowly"
The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:
Narrowly \Nar"row*ly\, adv. [AS. nearulice.]
1. With little breadth; in a narrow manner.
2. Without much extent; contractedly.
3. With minute scrutiny; closely; as, to look or watch
narrowly; to search narrowly.
4. With a little margin or space; by a small distance; hence,
closely; hardly; barely; only just; -- often with
reference to an avoided danger or misfortune; as, he
5. Sparingly; parsimoniously.
6. With close adherence to the literal meaning of a text; as,
to interpret narrowly; to construe narrowly; to read
narrowly; -- used especially of laws and contracts.