Search Result for "numerate":
1. determine the number or amount of;
- Example: "Can you count the books on your shelf?"
- Example: "Count your change"
[syn: count, number, enumerate, numerate]
2. read out loud as words written numbers;
1. able to understand and use numbers;
The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:
Numerate \Nu"mer*ate\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Numerated; p. pr. & vb. n. Numerating.] [L. numeratus, p. p. of numerare to count. See Number, v.] (Arith.) To divide off and read according to the rules of numeration; as, to numerate a row of figures. [1913 Webster]Moby Thesaurus II by Grady Ward, 1.0:
20 Moby Thesaurus words for "numerate": call off, call over, call the roll, census, count, enumerate, foliate, list, measure, number, page, paginate, poll, quantify, quantize, run over, tale, tally, tell, tick off