1. a holiday taken by a newly married couple
2. the early (usually calm and harmonious) period of a relationship
; business or political
1. spend a holiday after one's marriage
; - Example: "they plan to honeymoon in Hawai'i"
The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:
Honeymoon \Hon"ey*moon`\, n.
1. The first month after marriage. --Addison.
2. A vacation taken together by a newly married couple,
usually including a trip away from home.
3. Hence: [fig.] Any initial period of harmony after two or
more people or organizations begin working together; as,
the usual honeymoon for a newly elected president was cut
short by resumption of partisan sniping over the budget.
WordNet (r) 3.0 (2006):
n 1: a holiday taken by a newly married couple
2: the early (usually calm and harmonious) period of a
relationship; business or political
v 1: spend a holiday after one's marriage; "they plan to
honeymoon in Hawai'i"
Moby Thesaurus II by Grady Ward, 1.0:
30 Moby Thesaurus words for "honeymoon":
Gretna Green wedding, banns, bridal, bridal suite, bridechamber,
chuppah, church wedding, civil ceremony, civil wedding, elopement,
epithalamium, espousals, espousement, forced marriage, hymen,
hymeneal, hymeneal rites, marriage, nuptial apartment,
nuptial mass, nuptial song, nuptials, prothalamium, saffron veil,
shotgun wedding, spousals, wedding, wedding canopy, wedding song,