Search Result for "gorgerin": 
Wordnet 3.0

NOUN (1)

1. the molding at the top of a column;
[syn: gorgerin, necking]

The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:

Gorgerin \Gor`ge*rin"\, n. [F., fr. gorge neck.] (Arch.) In some columns, that part of the capital between the termination of the shaft and the annulet of the echinus, or the space between two neck moldings; -- called also neck of the capital, and hypotrachelium. See Illust. of Column. [1913 Webster]
WordNet (r) 3.0 (2006):

gorgerin n 1: the molding at the top of a column [syn: gorgerin, necking]