Search Result for "faldistory": 

The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48:

Faldistory \Fal"dis*to*ry\, n. [LL. faldistorium, faldestorium, from OHG. faldstuol; faldan, faltan, to fold (G. falten) + stuol stool. So called because it could be folded or laid together. See Fold, and Stool, and cf. Faldstool, Fauteuil.] The throne or seat of a bishop within the chancel. [Obs.] [1913 Webster]